Aerospace Industry Thermal Spray Powders
Thermal spray coatings are widely used in the aerospace & aviation industries. Aerospace thermal coatings offer component longevity, reduced maintenance costs, and increased fuel efficiency. Ceramic powders play an important role in thermal barrier coatings which shield aerospace and aviation components against intense heat and wear. Other common spray powders include tungsten carbide, chromium carbide, titanium, and zirconia powders.
Aviation components are subjected to harsh environments, exceptionally high heats, and pressures, thermal spray plays a huge role in protecting expensive engine components. Thermal spray can improve performance, extend component life and fuel efficiency dramatically. New engine designs continually push the envelope of materials and thermal spray coating solutions.
Repair cycle time is minimal with thermal spray which often eliminates the need for costly inventory replacements.
To order aerospace industry thermal spray powders, contact us today.
Typical Thermal Sprayed Components:
- Actuation systems
- Auxiliary power unit components
- Environmental control components
- Landing gear components
- Propulsion structures
- Slat and flap tracks
- Starter components
- Wing components
- Wheel bearing fits
- Combustors, augmentor liners, and baskets
- Mid spams
- Bearing journals
DELIVERING THE SERVICE YOU DESERVE
Astro Alloys Inc. has been in the thermal spray coating and HVOF equipment industry for more than four decades. We know what works. We have the experience, expertise, and automotive thermal spray equipment to deliver the best products and the finest service in the field.
- Operating since 1980
- Supply customers in North America and across the globe
- Dedicated staff that goes the extra mile
- We know all about thermal sprays – that’s what we do
- Trained professionals work closely with you to develop and deliver the thermal spray solution you need
- Offer old-fashioned customer service – we believe in getting it right each and every time
- Located in Houston, Texas
- Maintain an immense inventory of products
- Same-day shipping for in-stock orders
- Daily delivery for local customers